Absolutely delicious – well recommended.
A somewhat exotic baked salmon. Easy to make and a perfect balance of tangy, thai flavours.
• 6 medium sized salmon pieces.
• 2 celery sticks diced lengthwise.
• 3 spring onions diced lengthwise1/2-1 red chili finely sliced to taste.
• 1 squeezed orange.
• 1 tablespoon of Thai Fish Sauce (Nam Pla).
• 1 bulb of stem ginger (1-2cm diameter) removed from syrup and diced very finely. Alternatively use half the amount of fresh ginger.
• Pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
• Handful of chopped coriander to garnish.
Place salmon in a shallow baking dish.
Marinade for 10-20 minutes if time permits in the Thai Fish Sauce (Nam Pla)
Dice the celery & spring onions. Scatter around the salmon.
Pour the orange juice over the salmon.
Finely dice the ginger, scatter on top of salmon along with the chopped chilli.
Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Bake in oven 180 degrees C for 20-25minutes.
Scatter with coriander when cooked.
Serve with plenty of steamed or boiled green veg. Cavalo Nero, with it’s crunch and stronger flavour works particularly well.