Looks fantastic and easy to make . I wouldn,t use the currents!
A delicious treat for the spring.
• • Smoked Salmon (150g) (210 cal)
• • 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and diced (47 cal)
• • 1 large tomato diced (25 cal)
• • ¼ cucumber diced (6 cal)
• • 1 stick of celery chopped (2 cal)
• • 1 tbsp currants (66 cal)
• • 2 handfuls of Spinach leaves (10 cal)
• • 2 large iceberg lettuce leaves (2 cal)
• • 1 small Avocada peeled, stoned and sliced (190 cal)
• • 150g Quinoa (cooked – boiled in water with a little salt or stock for flavour) (165 cal)
• For the dressing
• • 1 tbsp/15ml olive oil (120 cal)
• • 2 tbsp/30ml lemon juice (7 cal)
• • ½ tsp mustard (8 cal)
Shred the lettuce and spinach leaves and place in the bottom of a serving dish. Place the celery, apple, tomato, currants and cucumber in a bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients together stirring briskly with a spoon or small whisk to ensure they are fully mixed. Add the dressing to the bowl and turn over to coat the salad with the dressing. Add the avocado last and carefully mix with the salad so as not to break the slices.
Spoon the mixed salad over the lettuce and spinach leaves and arrange the smoked salmon in strips across the salad. Serve with the cooked quinoa.
(As an alternative use couscous instead of quinoa, although the calorie count rise to 470 although the GI load is similar).