I’ve included a honey-free variation so that if you do want to keep your cake completely sugar-free you can. Plus it’s only 2 tablespoons of honey in the whole cake.
honey / sugar-free – replace honey with an extra teaspoon vanilla extract to make 2 teaspoons total.
• 400g (14oz) zucchini
• 250g (9oz) almond meal
• 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia powder*
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 eggs
• 100g (3.5oz) neutral flavoured oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Line a loaf pan 24cm x 12cm (approx 9in x 5in) with baking paper.
2. Grate your zucchini (I use my food processor). Mix zucchini, almond meal, stevia, baking powder, honey, eggs, oil and vanilla (if using) in a medium bowl or just add it to the food processor. Mix with a spoon to combine but don’t stress if you end up with a few lumps.
3. Scoop the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until the cake is deeply golden brown and feels springy. And a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. The honey will cause it to brown more than you’d normally expect.
4. Cool in the tin before serving.