Easy, tasty and satisfying stir fry which could be served with cauliflower rice.
• 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil
• 1 lb (450 g) green beans
• 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
• 1cm ginger, grated
• 4 spring onions, chopped
• 4 oz (115 g) shiitake mushrooms, chopped (or chestnut mushrooms)
• ½ lb (230 g) minced pork
• 4 dried red chilies, whole
• 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or fresh chilli to taste)
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon rice wine (or dry sherry)
• Dash of white pepper
In a large wok or deep frying pan, heat the oil.
Fry the green beans until they start blistering. Remove the green beans and keep covered on a warmed plate.
In the same wok or pan, add the garlic, ginger, and the spring onions. Fry until fragrant.
Add the mushrooms and minced pork. Fry until the pork is browned then, stir in the dried chilies and flakes.
Add the green beans back into the pan. Mix to combine everything. Add the soy sauce, rice wine/sherry, and a dash of white pepper.