This is a lovely lunch, I added grated cheddar cheese to the top and added the calories.
Stuffed mushrooms that make a light lunch for 2
• 3 large 'breakfast' mushrooms (250g)
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 stick celery finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic finely sliced
• 1 green chilli deseeded and finely sliced
• wholegrain breadcrumbs (I grated the crust from a rye, spelt and wholewheat loaf) 40g
• 1 medium tomato deseeded and chopped
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
• small piece of cooked left over chicken breast, chopped (ca. 80g)
• handful of mixed rocket and radish baby leaves to serve.
Take 2 of the mushrooms and remove the stalks. Put gill face up in baking dish. Chop the other mushroom and stalks.
Heat the oil in a non stick frying panand add the chopped mushrooms, celery, garlic and chilli and sauté for around 5-10 over a low heat until softened.
Renove from heat and when cool add to the breadcrumbs, tomato, chicken and chives in a bowl. Add a little oil (up to about a teaspoon) if it looks too dry. Use this mixture to stuff the mushrooms, pressing it down a little to fit. Add around 3-4 tablespoons of water to the dish and then cook in a preheated oven at 180C for around 15 mins (check after 10 mins). It's ready when golden brown. Serve on a bed of baby salad leaves.