This is excellent – I swapped the broccolli for carrot. So yummy!
When I’m in the mood for a sandwich or a slice of toast, this is my go-to recipe. I love how something that feels and tastes quite ‘bready’ is actually a serve of vegetables. I slice and freeze so I can just defrost in the toaster as needed.
This broccoli bread does look very green, which I love but I’ve found my boys are much happier eating the white, cauliflower version instead.
• 500g (1lb) broccoli, 2 small
• 4 eggs
• 100g (3.5oz) almond meal
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200C (400F).
2. Whizz your broccoli using your food processor until it looks a bit like fine couscous. Or chop as finely as possible.
3. Add eggs, almond meal and salt to the food processor bowl. Stir with a spoon until combined.
4. Line a baking tray with baking (parchment) paper. Tip the broccoli mixture onto the lined tray then using your hands smooth into a rectangle about 1cm (1/3in) thick.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bread is slightly browned and feels firm and springy when touched.
6. Cool on the tray. Cut in half crosswise and then into 3-4 lengthwise to make 6-8 slices (or cut to your preferred size).