The texture is quite dry so it’s more like eating a pan fried macaroon without the delicious sticky sweetness.
Not something I’d make again .
Little pancakes, great with sweet or savoury. Lovely with cheese, smoked salmon or gravadlax and quick to make.
• 50g Almond Flour
• 1 Large Egg
• 36ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
• 2 pinches of Baking Powder
• Twist of Salt
• Herb or Spice if desired20g Butter (for frying)
1. Beat together all the pancake ingredients - not the butter. Allow to stand for a few minutes, so that the flour soaks up some of the moisture.
2. Heat a frying pan and brush with melted butter.
3. Spoon small amounts of batter into the pan, to make small cakes approx. 2inches/5cm in diameter. Fill the pan.
4. When the top of the cakes bubble, flip them over and cook the other side.
I made 17 cakes from this recipe and calculated them at 31 cals each and just 0.2g carbs. If you manage to stretch the batter further, they will come in at less than these values, less than 17 cakes and they will be higher of course.