Yesterday was Day 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Libby
    on

Well I started the program yesterday, weighing….well more than I should be and blood sugars…..well enough sugar in my body to start my own fairy floss factory!
    My thoughts – well I had a mindset that I was going to achieve this (as I really needed to) and after chatting with my GP yesterday had a realisation that although I was mentally prepared for this – it isn’t going to be easy. Makes me more determined because it is now or never and I don’t want to live my life obese and rattling full of pills.
    Thoughts – food not too bad, although I was unable to finish lunch. Dinner was so yum that my family wanted more (minus the eggplant!)
    Today I will be reducing my Apidra two units each for lunch and dinner, and I already reduced my Lantus 5 units last night.
    Just goes to show how eating the right food makes all the difference and eating the wrong foods is toxic to some bodies.
    Got the dreaded headache yesterday and today – so make sure I drink plenty of fluids yesterday.
    Oh the weight …… yes I did weigh myself this morning just out of curiosity……..great start!

• posted by misssay
    on

Hi Libby and welcome. It sounds like you have made a good start there. Keep going through the headaches. It does get easier, and the results are worth a short term investment in the paracetamol companies!

• posted by Libby
    on

Hi missay
    Thanks for that – I am sure it will be fine – I was expecting them but not as soon as that! I guess I am experiencing sugar withdrawal with not having any carbs etc. I do have a coffee in the mornings which I know is not on the schedule, but I find I can cope with that and believe it or not I really look forward to it now and savour it. Before it was something to have with my morning tea! By the way I am in Australia!

• posted by misssay
    on

I have tea and coffee, one or the other, or both some days. Quite a few forum members do. Coffee is sometimes with a splash of cream to get the fat in, milk in the odd cup of tea, or two! I’m in the UK, so just off to bed in a minute, but there are several forum members from Australia who’ll be around while we’re snoozing!

• posted by Salthegal
    on

Hi Missay,
    I am about to start the 800 diet. My greatest pleasure is an early morning strong coffee with cream while I read the paper! I have been trying to talk sternly to myself about cutting it out, but I feel as if I can give up anything else except that. Then I saw your post. Oh joy! So – one coffee with regular cream per day will fit OK on the 800 diet? It didn’t upset your results?

thanks
    Sally

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Couldn’t start the day without my coffee.
    There is no problem with it as long as the milk or cream is counted in your daily calories.

Please log in or register to post a reply.