Worried the Calorie count in the book is wrong…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Olliepops
    on

Hello fellow BSDs, I’m a newbie, week 1 day 4. At this stage all ok and not doing too badly. I think it was helped hugely by giving up chocolate, biscuits and cakes, (4lbs lost on this change alone)which killed my extremely sweet tooth but I know one taste and I’ll be straight back there!! Bread, pasta, rice and potatoes are my other nemesis but when I realised how much of the carb content was sugar I was keen to ditch.
    I was finally convinced to give it ago after a colleague lost 1 stone in 3 and a half weeks. I have 2 – 2 and a half to loose.

This morning decided to give the Almond Butter with, Apple, mixed seeds and goji berries ago. I thought the calorie count (110) seemed a bit low considering the Almonds. 25g of Almonds, 2 tsp of seeds (10g) and an apple came to 287!!!!!!! It will now have a significant impact on the rest of the day.
    I don’t feel too bad as heading off to the gym in a mo, BUT what about the other recipes???

Any thoughts?

• posted by Scotgran
    on

I’ve just posted a piece in Fast800 about calorie counting apps. Before I had one, I just ate three meals from the book. After I got one, I started making changes, eating in the evenings to “use up” the calls I had left. My weight loss has stalled. I’m going to stop counting and rely on what I was doing before, just three meals a day from the book.

• posted by Olliepops
    on

Thanks Scotgran, will read your piece.😊

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

Using an app makes life infinitely easier. I’m using Easy Diet Diary for iOS because I can set goals on it. At the moment I’m making baby steps in my dietary changes because I also have my diabetic mother to consider with dinner meals.

Please log in or register to post a reply.