working outdoors

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Has anyone got any ideas of what I could eat at the weekend. I work at shows and exhibitions. This weekend I’m at a Tractor show in Malvern. I usually take stodgy food to fill me up and keep me warm. The days are very long and I sleep in marquee. I do have access to a stove. But during the day I won’t have time. It’s breakfast and lunch I’m more concerned about as I can cook dinner once the marquee is closed. Ps it’s only my first week

• posted by theblackspot
    on

You could try taking a box of seasonings oil & vinegar and some bags of leaves then buying hog roast, or sausage, bison burger or whatever looks least processed and most like real food, ditching the cheap white bun and having it with your salad.
    Use an app like my fitness pal to guestimate the calories in your meaty feast and adjust accordingly.
    Good luck and stick with it, after all, salad and grilled meat? Can’t be bad!

• posted by Reynards
    on

You could do some no carb ploughmans, some low carb heck sausages, chicken or fish salads etc. The important thing is I believe to plan ahead and you’ll be fine.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Thank you The blackspot, that’s a great idea. I don’t usually eat from catering units but, I can give it a try. I already use my fitness pal. I think the making up of a box of seasonings is great. I can keep them in my van. Thanks again

Please log in or register to post a reply.