Will the BSD work ok for me?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Hello everybody……I am new to the BSD,I only started it on Monday,but my friend said I dont have enough weight to lose,so it wont work..I woukd like to lose 14 lbs..I have tested my blood sugar on my husbands little machine and it came as 5.9..which I think can be prediabetic….I would like to think the BSD will help me reduce this reading…..is there anyone else similar?
    Thank you for reading…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi HAPPYHOLS! welcome to the gang X
    Nobody knows yr own body like you do,so i wdnt take much notice of what others say..they might mean well,but sometimes its a strange quirk we can have where we dont want to see people we’re close to doing something we arent doing, if that makes sense!
    You’re in the enviable position of only needing to lose a stone…do-able by Xmas using any diet regime you choose.
    But if you want to improve that reading on OHs machine,BSD will help.
    BSD is different from all the others in that its not primarily for weight, loss, it’s basically an eating plan to reverse diabetes,stop it in its tracks,or prevent it happening altogether.
    Someone else here will be able to tell you what yr reading means.I am not pre diabetic and i have an idea 5 is ok but i might be vastly wrong. Lots of folk here are very knowledgeable on diabetes and will be along soon to help you.
    I do know BSD improves yr blood sugar levels and stops the advance of diabetes. Which has got to be wonderful for yr good health.
    You can do it for 8 weeks or for less than eight weeks, then do the MED 5:2 diet..or start with MED 5:2 then swap to BSD 800 when you feel ready.
    Read some of the success stories on here and then decide what you feel is best for you…Many on here have a lot to lose..some like yrself just a stone. Plenty of support on here if you go ahead xx

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you for your reply…..I started the BSD on Monday and have been following the five day menu…..got weighed this morning and havnt lost any weight at all…I wonder how long I can expect to follow BSD before my weight drops…….

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You could get up satday or sunday HH and find that suddenly youve lost a substantial amount..but i can completely understand yr frustration and disappointment thus far. The only other thing i can think is are you eating too many carbs..i’ m not familiar with the recipe book …does it give you cal and carb amounts / portion sizes? I hope someone else can give you better advice than me,because BSD can be quite hard to stick to at first and you need the reward of seeing a good result on the scale to keep you motivated. Did you measure yrself before you started? You could have lost inches if not lbs…does anything feel suddenly looser or a bit baggy? X

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you yowzer39…I am trying to use the recipes from the BSD…..I havnt had any bread,potatoes,pasta ir rice as they advise……Do you think having a bit extra salad or a few vegetables not mentioned on the meal.plan,but still within the 800 cals a day, could make a difference….
    Onwards and upwards…I am going to get out my shorts and use them as a yardstick to my progress…we shall see next week😊😊😊

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done for staying positive! Some salad and veg items can be quite carby and add quickly to yr carb allowance so i always use mynetdiary to easily find out the cal and carb values of everything i eat. Some people use myfitness pal or fatsecret. I stay up to or under 50 grams carb a day.
    Got my fingers crossed for you!X

Please log in or register to post a reply.