Where did I go wrong

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by evie
    on

My husband and I started the diet on the 11th March. The first week he lost 2.9 kilos and I lost 2.2 kilos, this week he only lost 1 kilo and I gained 200 grams. I have stuck to the diet and I have done at least 10000 steps every day as well as other exercises including a minimum of two boot-camp sessions a week. Where am I going wrong.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Evie,
    Don’t despair you haven’t done anything wrong. You’ve just got the dreaded week 2 blues!! Check out some of the other threads and you’ll see it happens to just about everyone around week 2 or 3.
    It’s also one of the more unfair facts of life that men usually lose weight more quickly than women. Some of the ladies on here have found their hubby’s losing weight even though they’re only very halfheartedly doing the diet.
    Keep up your good work, 2 kg is still a great result. Pick up a 2kg bag of flour and see for yourself.
    Be mindful of all that you eat and drink to avoid extra carbs sneaking in. Keep your fluid intake up to 2-3l a day. Make sure more of your calories come from vegetables, proteins and fats,rather than relying on carbs, and you will see those kg’s dropping off again soon.
    Keep posting so we can all celebrate your progress with you and support you if need encouragement 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh evie no need to be upset
    If you had lost 2 kg at any other time you would be ecstatic.
    As Cherrianne says, you have had that initial fast 1st week weight loss, now your body is realising what’s going on and is readjusting and fighting back.
    Once you switch from burning carbs to burning fat you will feel much better and the weight and blood sugar will start going down again.
    You are doing everything right, it’s just your body acting like a spoiled child, stamping it’s feet and screaming I want carbs.

• posted by evie
    on

Thank you for your encouragement. I went to a boxing sessions with my daughter this morning. I did break the diet today I went out with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday and I had 2 glasses of white wine. But I will be back on board on Monday (I have just found out my daughters have planned a birthday party for me tomorrow).

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Happy birthday evie
    Have a great weekend then look at Monday as the start of a whole new life.

• posted by evie
    on

Thank you. Well weigh in on Monday I had gained 600 grams but I am back on track now

• posted by Spirit
    on

Morning evie,

I concur with the others, lots of us have encountered the same. Fear not, it will start to go down again.

Also consider if you are drinking enough water given all the exercise you are doing. Or that you might be retaining water?

• posted by evie
    on

I probably do need to drink more water I try to do 2 litres a day but it does not always happen. I weighed in again this morning and I have lost the 600 grams I had gained so that is good. I think the weight loss is because the boot-camp I belong to ran a fitness test last night which had me pulling on reserves I didn’t even know I had. Thank you everyone for your support and words of wisdom.

Please log in or register to post a reply.