When do people eat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Hi all i am starting the 800 and just wondered when do people eat i mean is it like brekky dinner and tea and then say no eating after 6pm is there like a window if that makes sense many thanks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We’re all different and have to find our own way to work with the BSD. How you use your 800 calories is up to you and needs to be what suits your body and lifestyle. Some people will stick with three meals a day; some might save some calories for a snack; some extend their overnight fast and eat a brunch/lunch and a dinner in the evening. It really is up to you and it might be trial and error, to see what suits your body best.

When I first started I found I needed three meals, however these days I extend my overnight fast and generally don’t eat after 8pm or before 1pm. That’s not as long as some people manage, but it suits me. Sometimes life happens and I do eat after 8pm and occasionally I will eat a breakfast and then skip lunch. What is important is to try to stick the your 800 calories (or close to), keep an eye on the carbs, include fats to help with feeling sated and drink plenty to stay well hydrated.

Good luck with your quest and please keep us posted on your progress.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I personally eat 3 regular meals a day, breakfast at 8.30 lunch 1pm and dinner around 8pm I also save some calories for a small snack in the evening, before bed to stop my blood glucose from rising during the night. I still manage 800 calories and sometimes less so allow an after dinner treat of a square of very dark chocolate (10 grams at 50 calories). Being diabetic I cannot go without food for long periods but it really is up to you.

By the way, you do have a support system now. Good luck – you should be able to reverse you diagnosis.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Lovely thank you sunnyB and sunshine girl my support system is this forum lol but at the moment I feel very motivated I have cooked up a batch of Spanish chickpea soup it’s all portioned and in the freezer at work ready to get one out for lunch and also cooked roasted cauliflower soup portioned up and in the freezer so should have enough for 2 weeks of lunches done a few days worth of boiled eggs for breakfast, I am going to cook a cottage pie with cauliflower mash and a skinny chilli portion that up and pop in the freezer at home for days when I am in a rush for my tea everything I have cooked is food that I love so hopefully that will be ok so really all I have to do is cook for my son he’s pretty easy to feed and by Monday I should be all ready to go phew lol love the support of everyone one here I will see how my first week goes and I will report back thanks for all your help

• posted by caz1973
    on

I have planned abit on what I am going to eat for example 2 boiled eggs for breakfast Spanish soup for lunch and something like cottage pie with cauli mash for tea and cabbage on my fitness pal that’s coming out at about 700 what do people snack on to bring it up to 800 I am still waiting on my bsd book to arrive many thanks.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Almonds or walnuts are good, but keep the quantity down as they are very calorific. Cheese is good too, but make sure it is a measured portion. If you feel like a treat maybe a small square of dark chocolate (70-90% cocoa). Apart from that if you stick to extra BSD friendly vegetables then you can eat more or less what you like.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well caz1973 you sound very organised. The Spanish soup is my favourite and I was going to have it for lunch today (like you I batch cook) but I have an avocado on the turn so will have that instead. Always give yourself choices and keep it varied so you dont get bored.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I make thin almond crackers for snacking and will have them with a little cheese, as smear of nut butter or for a big treat a smear of clotted cream and half a big strawberry, or a couple of raspberries or a big fat blackberry. 30g of full fat yogurt with a few berries works as a snack too.

As sunshine-girl says, it’s a good idea to have a couple of options around, so that you don’t get bored with having the same thing every day – maybe swap out yogurt and a topping, for the eggs some mornings. Or veggie patties perhaps.

• posted by Michael5
    on

I’ve been eating 3 times a day as, particularly in the first couple of weeks, I feel really hungry in the morning. Tend to eat at approximately 7:30, 13:00, 19:00 with my largest meals being breakfast and dinner. I also tend to plan all my meals for the week before I go shopping each weekend.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Thanks everyone my bsd book came today so going to have a good read when I finally come to a stand still this evening will keep you all posted hopefully it will be positive lol fingers crossed I really don’t want to fail at this I need to get healthy

Please log in or register to post a reply.