What's for lunch?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Squidge
    on

The only meal I struggle with is lunch. I find it hard to keep coming up with different, quick and easy ideas especially for when I’m away from home. That leaves me open to the temptation of buying a sandwich or pasty!

Could we share some of our lunch ideas, to give each other suggestions?

My usual ones are –

Soup (I make a batch and freeze individual portions)

Lettuce wraps – little gem or romaine leaves with egg mayo, cheese, ham etc and eaten like an open sandwich.

Omelette – usually with mushrooms, but lots of different veggies or cheese work well.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Squidge I make a batch of twelve little frittatas thanks to Allie and Essie sending me the recipe, I think if you go to the thread what have you eaten today it is on there. The spinach feta ones are really low carb, but you need to strain the spinach or it makes them to wet. Essie suggested wilting a load off and letting dry once squeezed then using it later. They are ok in the fridge for a few days too and you can put all different things in the mix to make them interesting. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Squidge
    on

Thanks, Birdy.

I have made crustless quiches before and guess these are similar?

I like the idea of making a batch with different fillings. We could have one type hot the day I make them and the other cold later in the week.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Squidge that is exactly what I do and they are substantial enough to keep me going through a nightshift.💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Quick question what do you put with your chicken bones when boiling them for soap stock?💞🦜

• posted by Squidge
    on

Soap? I know we want to eat clean, but … (Sorry – I realise it was jusy a typo.)

If there’s any gravy left, or veg which I won’t actually put in the soup then that goes in the stock. Otherwise nothing. I put all the fresh veg and herbs in the actual soap, not the stock.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Yuck chicken stock soap🤣🤣🤣. Thank you I will go with that way then. 💞🦜

• posted by Squidge
    on

Oh, I forgot to say – when I have any, I use the water used for cooking veg (steaming ot boiling) to make the stock. I try to remember to save it in a jug in the fridge to use, if I expect to make soup, but generally forget.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you squidge my bones are going on the boil now. Then I can make my Thai 7 spice chicken soup tomorrow. 💞🦜

• posted by JGwen
    on

I have reported the spammers post advertising that cafe again. And asked the moderator to close their account on the forum.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Thanks, Gwen.

I’ve reported them too and got a message to say the reported post was removed. I didn’t think to ask that their account be deleted as I’d asumed that would be automatic. Obviously I was wrong as the latest spam comment came after that. I’d do the same if I see more.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi guys. I make a thin wrap with two eggs in a 12” fry pan/skillet. A thin omelette basically. Once cool, I fill with either tuna, salmon, ham, a bit of cheese and salad. Or a couple of slices of decent ham rolled up with cream cheese and a salad. Mostly though I have leftovers from the night before.
    Kazzeexx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Kazz, you have just provided the answer to my what to take into lunch for one day in the office tomorrow conundrum. I’m having salmon with fresh pesto tonight, two portions in the oven so one ready for supper again tomorrow, with steamed broccoli and asparagus. So the extra broccoli will also be for supper tomorrow and the extra asparagus I will use with some prawns and maybe a bit of avocado in the egg wrap for lunch. With a bit of lamb’s lettuce on the side. Sorted!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sixturkeys, I’ve seen photos of Kazzi thin egg wraps, and they are gorgeous! She cuts the roll on the diagonal
    and wraps each half in a paper napkin for ease of handling. Beautiful 🙂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Well my first attempt is definitely not instagram ready…I did in a “Greenpan” which I never have found that good. Next time I will use my pancake pan. So tomorrow’s lunch is egg bits, asparagus, prawns and avo. Nice but not that pretty…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sixturkeys, ask Kazz for her technique. I believe that it is a 12″ omelet pan, than a trip under the broiler/grill to
    firm up the other side. The mixture is also quite thin…Voila! 🙂 She stores each “pancake” between layers of
    plastic wrap… Help, Kazz!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.