What would be a good target daily carb total?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Darkscore
    on

I’m just starting out and I’m using myfitnesspal to track my daily food. What would be a good daily target for reduced carbs? I’ve eliminated most breads and pastas, but sometimes I’d like to include some things like cornmeal or barley or something similar. I’m just not sure what a good target would be.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Most people here a for 50g per day or less which seems to kick start the weight loss.

I had less weight to lose and continue to do under 30g.

You can try and see what works best for you.

Good luck, hope that helps.

• posted by Darkscore
    on

Thanks. I’ll aim for 50 and if that doesn’t work I’ll lower it.

• posted by Bubblesdevere
    on

I would drop the cornmeal and replace it with quinoa which has protein. I also use myfitness pal but I never seem to be able to keep my carbs as low as 50 but have been losing more weight than any other plan I have ever been on and that is many! Good luck! x

• posted by Darkscore
    on

I would only use the cornmeal as a coating for fish, if I was trying to replicate a breaded coating. I figure that’s better than using bread, cornflake or cracker crumbs.

• posted by FranFal
    on

Ground almonds or linseed meal make good alternatives to breadcrumbs. I have also seen a recipe recently that used quinoa, you cook it as usual legit drain really well then spread it out on a T towel to get it as dry as possible.

Please log in or register to post a reply.