What to expect?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jonoworth
    on

Hi everyone. I’ve started the BSD today and I’m not sure what to expect over the next 8 weeks. Can anyone give me any advice or pitfalls to look out for? I really want this to work and I want to give it my best shot! What is it like for the first two weeks whilst your body gets used to the reduced calorie intake and what is the average weight loss in the first two weeks?
    I’ve already started having to pee more often!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Have you read the 8 week Blood sugar diet book? Have you read the information available on the website …. see tabs at the top … it gives a good outline of the plan.
    Are you diabetic, pre diabetic? Do you have a lot of weight to loose? or a little?

TIPS …. that i’ve read in the other forums :

Drink lots of liquids/water …. esp. avoid constipation.

Do a search … top right … on carb-flu …. some people get a little sick if they usually input a lot of simple carbs

If the scale doesn’t move … or doesn’t move as much as you want …. just stick with it …. give your body some kindness and time to adjust when it wants to …. and instead Admire yourself in you better fitting clothes …. and put some money aside for new ones!!!!

If you have some medical conditions/take medications …….. i.e. check your blood sugars

Count calories …. and carbs …. can google it or use a site like MyFatSecret.

Most people try for 50g carbs … mostly complex carbs … or less …. this is just what most people here aim for

Good luck ….

If you don’t reach your goal on a particular day re: calories etc. ….. don’t indulge yourself in the blame game…. just start again the next meal or the next day.

p.s. …. check out this thread

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/forums/topic/starting-10th-october-2016/

This is for people starting this week …. although you can search any topic and join in any conversation you want to

• posted by jonoworth
    on

That’s brilliant!! Thank you I’ve got the books and read them, but it’s always good to talk to people who are doing something.
    Thanks for the advice, it’s greatly appreciated.

• posted by shalimar
    on

jonoworth

my latest tip is …. don’t buy wine!!!!

Hope to see your posts in the threads!! HUGS ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.