What to drink in the pub?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bissell
    on

I’m looking for some ideas. I’m meeting up with friends on Monday and I can’t think what I could drink in the pub. I can’t bear the taste of Diet Coke, and I know I could have fizzy water, but that’s not very exciting!
    Any bright ideas gratefully accepted.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Bissell,
    As boring as it sounds, fizzy water has no carbs – see if the pub has slices of lemon or lime. Mint leaves are nice in it. Don’t know if its practical but cut up strawberries or cucumber slices (?BYO) are refreshing. You could check the carb count of Angostura bitters if you like the taste to add to sparkling water. Have fun at the pub.

• posted by Lise
    on

I agree with sparkling water with bits of fruit to add some lovely taste. We are buying limes in bulk at home and that’s what I’ll have when I’m out. I’ve given up DIet coke since I started this WOL too.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll give it a shot! (Well, not a shot, obviously!)

Please log in or register to post a reply.