What & how after the 8 weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Carina
    on

Hi,
    I am interested to find out how to proceed after the 8 weeks. ‘To continue’ with the 800 calories, or? How to continue and balancing to maintain weight and good blood sugar values? I haven’t started yet, but I know from experience that with many diets, that the ‘after’ is very important, and that having a good plan not to fall into ones earlier bad habits is crucial… So I’d like some info on that. Thanks!

• posted by Izzy
    on

after the 8 weeks depends on you and your weight and aspirations.

If you’ve lost all the weight you want then move to the BSD way of life where you don’t need to count calories but just continue eating the correct foods to maintain weight.

If you still have weight to lose you can continue with the 800/day, or you can move to the 5:2, where you only stick to 800 2 days or you can make up your own version like me. I’ve chosen to stick to 800 most days but once or twice per week I’m going to have a free day where I’m going to stick to the right foods but allow more calories. I’ve still to test my plan as I’m only on week 9 but I see no reason why it can’t work for me 🙂

• posted by BSD
    on

I continued on the 800 for 12 weeks (as the HB test averages your 3months Blood G levels and then I went for my test – now no longer a Diabetic) 5 months on I am now starting an experiment of 500 for 1 or 2 days (that’s hard) and about 800 for 3 days and weekends not thinking about it at all (that’s also hard, as its now a habit). I am happy at my current weight, but if I lose a bit more great and if not, no big deal – I am smack in the middle of the NHS guidance for my height and Healthy weight.

Everyone I think just needs to work out what will keep them on the straight and narrow for the future – I am still in that phase and paranoid I don’t want to go back or be labelled Diabetic again. I think as my taste buds have changed so much, its not about the right food, but portion size and self control.

Please log in or register to post a reply.