WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dumplingdebs
    on

I STARTED THE DIET LAST MONDAY I AM NOT DIABETIC JUST WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT FOR MY HOLIDAY. I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY GOOD. NO CHEATING WHATSOEVER (NOT EVEN WINE). LOTS OF FRESH VEG FISH AND CHICKEN. WEIGHED MYSELF THIS MORNING (SUNDAY) AND HAVE ONLY LOST TWO POUNDS. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ALREADY BUT AM DISAPPOINTED THAT MY WEIGHT LOSS IS SO SLOW. YES I KNOW MY AGE 52 IS AGAINST ME BUT CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I MIGHT BE DOING WRONG! I NEED SOME MOTIVATION.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi dumplingdebs,
    Firstly, don’t panic! If you are following the principles of the plan, it will happen. Just because some people report big losses initially, don’t assume that it’s the same for everyone. Drink plenty of water. I never bothered calorie counting but I did adjust my portions (overeating even the good stuff is still overeating).

Age is irrelevant – I’m 56yrs. I know someone who’s 80 who lost a stone on the BSD. Plenty of people on this forum are older than you. Two pounds lost is fine. And you said yourself that you feel so much better already – so it is working, isn’t it? Weight loss isn’t the only indicator of success. Feeling better is another. Clothes feeling a bit looser is another.

You say you just want to lose weight for your holiday – so I’m assuming (forgive me if I’m wrong) that you don’t need to lose too much weight to start with. People who achieved spectacular losses probably had a serious amount to lose to start with. If you aren’t too heavy to start with, then the loss will be slower.
    Possibly the real problem is that you’ve read all the hype, read about the spectacular losses that other people have achieved on BSD and assumed weight will drop off – manage your expectations.
    But do not give up.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

This is where we need Igorasusual!
    Igorasusual’s favourite quote and much needed was: “HAVE YOU MEASURED?”
    It can make a massive difference even while our weight is static.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi dumplingdebs
    Are you counting your carbs? You might be having lots of vegetables that are high in carbs and this will prevent the weight loss. Avoid vegetables that grow under the ground and stick to the green leafy vegetables.

Carbs should be less than 50g per day to start with and if you’re not losing weight after a few weeks, then drop it to 40g per day and see how you go.

Are you drinking lots of water? You need at least 2-3 litres per day.

Everyone loses at different rates and as Rozydozy and Baristagirls say – measure and check the feel of your clothes. It’s not all about the weight, especially if you don’t have much to lose.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by dumplingdebs
    on

Thank you everyone for your posts. I am not giving up. Simply because I feel so much better I will continue. I will report back next week to let you know how the weight loss is going.

Please log in or register to post a reply.