We're off and running – wish me luck!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gord
    on

So I’ve been carrying too much weight for quite some time and things just seemed to be getting worse. Not yet diabetic but with a history in the family, Mum type 2 on insulin, then the clinic are keeping a close eye on things. Moreover, I have been suffering with knee problems and recently underwent surgery to try and clean up my right knee joint. The surgery has helped considerably but there is little left in the way of cartilige and carrying the weight is putting more strain on the knees. So the aim is to lose weight, get blood sugars in the safe zone and start to feel better all round. Have recently taken a life style change and resigned from my high pressure job, set up a consultancy business on my own in order that I can get a better home/life balance. Its working in that my blood pressure is now the best its been in years, but the weight reduction should bring it down even more. Now have the time to better look after myself. Wish me luck!

Update – so started this on Tuesday 9th May – Thursday morning, two full days completed and have lost 2.5kg – in two days! – probably just water but nevertheless remarkable and very motivating. Long way to go yet!

• posted by Michele62
    on

Good luck Gord. I retired early this year and started the BSD and I can say from personal experience that losing nearly my first goal weight has helped my knees. I still get twinges and they complain a bit after a long walk (10 km +) but they are definitely less of a issue.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Well done on your loss so far Gord 🙂
    I’ve been doing BSD for 17 weeks now. My weight loss isn’t as great as some (being on steroids which cause weight gain doesn’t help!) but I’ve lost almost 8kg and 30cm from bust/waist/hips. The best part is thought that I have come off blood pressure medication (after 8 years on it). I’ve also had a HUGE reduction in joint pain and inflammation (I have Rheumatoid Arthritis), and I have so much more energy – so for me the health benefits have been fantastic.
    Good luck for the rest of your BSD journey 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.