Went to see my GP last week………

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Discussed the diet with my GP last week, I told him that I would prefer to do the 8 weeks with the diet shakes, he’s happy to provide me with Optifast during the eight weeks, but will not prescribe it until I’ve seen a dietitian.

I just hope it’s not too long before I can see one!

I was just wondering if a dietitian will have any opposition to doing the 800 cal. diet.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

After seeing the mixed responses from professionals I have to say it will be a bit of a lottery.
    Some are giving out dire warnings, others are totally supportive, it depends on the individual until we get some proper guidelines in place.

• posted by Barrynk
    on

That’s exactly what I was worried about.

I’ve already decided, If I don’t get the support, I’ll go it alone, as I’m desperate to come off my 12 month battle with insulin.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I would imagine that it might help if you mention that your doctor is happy to support you by prescribing the optifast. Then, in your position, I just might not mention how many more calories I was aiming for. If they ask you, ask them what they would recommend and sort of make noises that that’s what you’ll do. A bit cynical perhaps but them’s the times we live in!

• posted by Barrynk
    on

Thanks, that’s a good idea.

Please log in or register to post a reply.