Weird question about feeling hungry

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DemiMondaine
    on

Basically, I don’t really feel hungry. That said if you put a pile of toast in front of me, I would demolish the lot in minutes. However a pile of raw veg (for example), I’m just not interested in eating.

So am I just sick of raw vegetables? Or do I actually not know how to feel hungry properly? I have problems with delayed satiety, I don’t feel full until 90 minutes after I stop eating. However it’s new to me to look at a plateful of food and not feel like eating it.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Do you feel interested in eating cooked veg? Maybe it is a smell thing as raw veg doesn’t smell as inviting as cooked food.

There are quite a lot of recipes about online and I’ve just found eatlikethis.com it’s a really cool site and you can sign up for free. Basically you tell it what you are eating or want to avoid and it works out meals for you – not really played much with it yet but I think it might help when I get more bored with what I’m eating

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

To be honest, if there was a plate of raw veggies plonked in front of me, I probably wouldn’t feel like eating it either! There are plenty of things I would eat before resorting to veggies. If you’ve been eating a lot of veg recently maybe you are suffering a bit of fatigue and your body is craving the carbs that a pile of toast would give you. It will pass. If you don’t feel hungry that’s good. Maybe try eating something different to keep variety in your menu and give veg another go after a bit of a gap.
    There have been times when I have eaten a BSD breakfast and I have felt hungrier afterwards than I did before I ate it – but that feeling passes, maybe like your delayed satiety. There have been times when I couldn’t face things made with coconut oil/milk so I just had a break; I went back to them, but only use them occasionally.
    I don’t think there’s anything for you to worry about – probably just your body adjusting to what it’s processing.

• posted by DemiMondaine
    on

Normally I love my veggies and even when I’m not trying to lose weight, really enjoy a big plate of carrot cucumber, peppers, olives etc with cheese and hummus and so on. But I ate this yesterday and again for lunch today and couldn’t finish either plate. It is POSSIBLE I am trying to eat as much as I used to and simply can’t, but I was surprised. Anyway tonight’s dinner is chili and cheese and plain yoghurt on it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.