weight loss so far

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by liv
    on

Hi all. I have started today and doing it mainly for weight loss. I dont have any known issues with diabetes, however I figure this style of eating will be of benefit regardless. I am a very impatient person, so I would like to know how much weight everyone is losing. Did most of the weight loss happen in the first week and then tapper off? Or does it continue in a similar fashion throughout the weeks? How much weight have people lost so far? Thanks everyone and best of luck in this healthy journey we are all part of 🙂

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi liv and welcome!

The weight loss does seem to depend on how much you have to lose.

I was recommended to do the following:

the book suggests you can lose 10-15% of your body weight in the eight weeks. Work out what this is at the lower end (say 12%), and then divide by 8, which is what each week might be. However, you may lose slightly more at the beginning, plateau in the middle, and lose a bit more at the end.

I have not very much to lose, and have lost about 5 lbs in the 4 weeks I have been doing it, but my waist is thinner, my clothes looser, and I feel and look a bit thinner, so I think some fat is coming off my internal organs which is a very good thing.

The scales may not be your friend – weight does tend to go up and down strangely – so better to judge by clothes? Or waist measurements?

Good luck!

• posted by Izzy
    on

yeah the losses are extremely diverse. I lost 6lb’s week one, then 2, then 2.5, then 0.5. this week is looking like it will be 2 (3 if I’m lucky)

I’ve read a lot of the stories on here and many people stop losing for a week or two before catching up again. There will be fast weeks and slow weeks, easier weeks and difficult weeks.

Igora’s idea about working out your percentage is a good one, a good number to aim for.

All in all, I think if you want to start this you kind of need to look at it as a life change and commit fully regardless of what your scales might say in any given week.

• posted by Mehreen
    on

Hi everyone,

Its been 4 weeks since I started the BSD. Feeling great!! I don’t have diabetes, I just wanted to lose weight for myself.
    I was starting to get concerned about my rate of weight loss but reading everyone’s responses here has given me great encouragement so I thought I would share my experience so far.

My initial weight was 69kg, and now I am at 65 after 4 weeks of no carbs. Today I am on day 3 of week 5. I took up fast walk again from today. I lost 2kg in first week, 1 each in 2nd and 3rd weeks, but nothing in week 4. It seems that this pattern is quite common so I should not give up and keep at it. Because of my slow weight loss I am intending to keep going till the end of week 10 instead of 8. I have read in Michael’s book that some people take it upto 10-12 weeks, depending on what the ideal wight is that they are trying to achieve.
    I have to say this is an amazing community with so much positivity!! Well done to everyone! Take pride in what you have achieved!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.