weighing yourself

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mera123
    on

Hello

How often should you weigh yourself a week to notice a change in weight when you are on the 8 week BSD diet?

Thanks

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi mera123,
    For a long time the accepted advice was to weigh once a week. I think the BSD encourages daily weighing (evidence apparently suggests that it is more motivational). Think it’s down to personal preference, really – if the weight is coming off you will notice it, either by feeling like you have more energy, or clothes fitting better. I used to be a weekly weigher, but doing the BSD I’ve become a daily weigher. The problem is that if you jump on the scales and find that you have plateau’d or gone up then you will be disappointed, no matter what the interval! I have found by daily weighing that if I do experience an upward blip I just look back to see what I weighed a week earlier – most of the time I have weighed more on the earlier weighing. It’s the overall trend that is important.
    Sometimes the scales can be the enemy. Other factors such as measuring waist, or keeping tabs on blood sugar readings, etc. can give you an indication how you are doing.
    Regards, Rose

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Exactly what Rose said.

Please log in or register to post a reply.