Weigh loss plateaus

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fatbastard
    on

Has anyone noticed a plateau in their weight loss with the blood sugar diet ? I’ve been following it for 10 days now with really very little problem. I was delighted to see a loss of 3 kg (from a start of 126kg ) in the first five days , but since then , nothing ! this is despite sticking rigidly to the protocol . Has anyone else struck the same thing ?

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi, can’t bring myself to call you by your forum name lol!! You’ll be changing it soon anyway 🙂
    Many people have found the same thing around week two and three. So don’t get discouraged, read some of the other threads for reassurance that the weight will start dropping soon.
    On 800 cals a day it would be next to impossible not to lose weight. Make sure you are drinking sufficient fluids and not taking in extra cals accidentally in what you drink. Do a quick check of your carb intake as some low cal foods are high in carbs and we are meant to be doing low cal & low carb. If your bowels are working ok then just hang in there and wait for those scales to start moving again!!

• posted by Fatbastard
    on

Hi Cherrianne , hopefully I will be able to change my name to Notsofat.. in the forseeable future . Thanks for your comments , I guess I just have to curb my impatience and keep plodding on , good luck with your journey .

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Notsofat (you’ve lost 3 kilos after all!). I’ve been doing a fair bit of reading around weight loss and fat consumption.
    I wonder if you have started to slip back into our conditioning and are not including enough fat? Some theorists are suggesting low carb (20g-50g) adequate protein and more fat might be the way to go.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi I’m going to call you Lessofme, sounds better.
    Stick with it, plateaus are a feature of every diet (Think WW etc)
    This, to me shows that the plateau is not the fault of the diet but more an adjustment of the body to the new way of eating.
    On 800 cals a day you HAVE to lose weight so hang in there, the weight loss will start again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.