Weekly progress and medical response

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by arjaytee
    on

Well I’ve finished my first week and am amazed by how little hunger I’ve felt and how easily I’ve resisted temptation!
    I’m still not exercising enough so will have to motivate myself more in that area. Also I need to drink more as this will help with my blood pressure and with ahem ….digestion processes! Being in my late 60’s and not ever having been very active doesn’t help here!

I was a good(ish) girl and asked to see a dr. but would have had to wait until 16th August!!! so booked a nurses apptmt after an Hb1Ac .
    I saw the nurse who was very happy with my result of 45 (6.3) and said this was within ‘normal’ parameters It was .2 up on my last test though.
    BP was 133/79 which is better than it has been but I AM on 2 meds for this, hopefully I’ll be able to reduce/stop those.
    Cholesterol 6 (.1 down on last test)
    Triglycerides 2.1
    As usual I was offered the dreaded statins which ,as usual, I declined.

The nurse was NOT on board with my choice of weight loss method even though I explained it was developed by a doctor and was similar to the Newcastle diet. A sensible slower way of losing weight was suggested! Slimmer’s World was mentioned!!

Any way here’s the good bit
    Weight loss 6.5 lbs– had hoped for half a stone but hey—
    Fasting bloods were 6.9 but have been down in the 5’s several days Woo & Hoo.

Just thought I’d share this in order to be accountable and to encourage anyone thinking about starting the 8 weeks.

I’ll post my weekly results as i go along. If you’ve got this far , thanks for reading

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Pleasure to read your good results arjaytee. It is sad that the medical profession are taking so long to catch up with the latest research and keep peddling the same stuff that has failed time and time again, but well done on deciding to do it your way and start the BSD.

If you have wandered around the forum, you will know there is a wealth of information and support on here, so please make the most of it and do keep us up dated on progress, it’s what keeps us all going!

Please log in or register to post a reply.