Week Two Weigh-In

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BellyBeGone
    on

This morning, the scales tell me I have lost one and three quarter pounds for the week. It’s a little disappointing because I had already reached that by Wednesday, so not to lose anything in the second half of the week is slightly frustrating. Perhaps I have hit the week 2-3 plateau a little early ? I haven’t cheated/broken any of the rules. I am really enjoying the food and getting to know the recipes. I still have the odd pang for something sweet, but am never actually hungry. I had a bit of a disaster trying the almond flour pancakes tonight – except I couldn’t buy almond flour today and bought coconut flour instead (£5) ! But the batter didn’t turn out like any batter I have seen before, and they certainly didn’t look or behave like pancakes in the pan ! I now need to find another use for the coconut flour, lol.

I will keep to the plan, and trust that the scales will reward me again in a few days time.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Keep up the good work, you’re doing very well. It’s normal for week-to-week losses to fluctuate. I too follow the plan devoutly.

The key thing is that you have lost weight this week. I’m on my final day of week 6 and I’ve had 2 weeks of 2lb losses. Here’s my progress so far so you can see how I’ve fluctuated:

Start: 112.7Kg

Wk 1: 104.5Kg (-8.2Kg / 18lb)
    Wk 2: 101.8Kg (-2.7Kg / 6lb)
    Wk 3: 100.8Kg (-1.0Kg / 2lb)
    Wk 4: 95.6Kg (-5.2Kg / 11.5lb)
    Wk 5: 94.6Kg (-1.0Kg / 2lb)

Week 6 so far is a 3.2Kg / 7lb loss.

So you see, everything you’re experiencing is quite normal. Stuck with it and the scales will tell you the truth.

Are you drinking lots of water? I drink 3-4 litres a day.

• posted by cmawp
    on

I’ve read your starting post and there are a lot of similarities between our approach to the fast 800. You seem incredibly organised and motivated, that’s key in these early weeks.

Although I’m 7 inches taller than you, my starting BMI of 36.3 was similar to yours and I have an overall aim of 72lb in comparison to your 73lb target.

Keep up the great work, I’ll be following your posts with a keen interest.

• posted by cmawp
    on

Re: coconut flour.

I’ve made the coconut flour waffles from the first book and they turned out fine. I cooked one huge one in a frying pan – the flip was tricky but it ended up ok.

The taste was strongly egg-like but filled me up well.

At £5, the coconut flour seems pricey but is half the price of almond flour, so that’s what I went for. Wait until you see how much pine nuts are (I substituted them for sunflower seeds).

• posted by BellyBeGone
    on

Thank you so much for your replies – that is so useful to see your fluctuations. It gives it all a bit of context – especially if we are similar BMIs and target weight loss. I’ll have another go with the coconut flour and try a different recipe. Maybe I got the quantities wrong when I was halving the amounts in the recipe. But it looked like semolina at that point rather than a batter !

I shall follow your posts to see how you do – nice to know you are a few weeks ahead of me. Well done on what you have lost so far.

Please log in or register to post a reply.