WEEK FIVE – FEELING HUNGRY

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gilliancrantock
    on

Hello – I’ve done so well, lost almost a stone in 5 weeks and am now a “healthy” weight. I would love to lose half a stone more – trouble is I’m HUNGRY this week. My will power and motivation have abandoned me and I just crave carbs after weeks where none have passed my lips. I’m looking forward to a couple of weeks away, visiting friends in Cornwall (thinking cream teas and pasties) and wonder if mentally I’m sliding off the wagon! Will I come back half a stone heavier and “overweight” – HELP!!!

• posted by barby
    on

Hi Gillian

I’m feeling the same, so not much help, sorry!

I have a weeks self catering holiday coming up this weekend, with family, and it always involves lots of pub lunches and teas out. I’m veggie too, so will have to try and do the best I can. I can feel my resolve wavering, because I know what I’m like. I’ve been on BSD since early April but this will be the first whole week away test.

I have been having fun packing, finding clothes I couldn’t fit into for some years, and I really don’t want to put weight on and ruin all my hard work. I’m hoping my family will see a difference. If they do, that will encourage me to keep under control.

I think I will try and not eat until lunchtime – will be hard as we’ll all sit around breakfast table chatting, I’ll just say I’m not that hungry yet. I will take my Greek yogurt and nuts/seeds in case. I will also try and walk more, I get up earlier, so may have a quick half hour fast walk alone which may help. I don’t think I’ll be able to resist a soft icecream. Good luck x

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello, I’m not going to be much help because only just started, but having got that far, DON’T give up. Especially as you feel better. I don’t really want to forget about how uncomfortable I felt eating lots of carbs because it should hopefully inspire me that I don’t want to feel it. Could you try doing the 5:2 whilst away so that you can eat more and feel less hungry, but of the right stuff?

• posted by JCH187
    on

You’ve done too well to give up, think of the consequences of slipping back again, all that good work undone in a holiday. A little bit of what you fancy, will I’m sure be lovely, but just leave it at a little bit 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.