Week 8

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

So I have finally come to the end of the first 8 weeks. I have gone from 16st 12 3/4lb down to 14st 10 3/4lb. A grand total of 2st 2lb. I feel so much better than I did before. And so pleased at the weight loss. My blood pressure was 110/60 this morning which is a great improvement. I have to wait till January when my Hba1C will get checked. But I hope to lose another couple of stone by then…God willing. Now the 8 week diet just becomes ongoing till I have a healthy BMI, which may take a while. But there is no going back now.

• posted by Tenley
    on

You are truly an inspiration! Congratulations on your success and hope it continues!

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Thank you.

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Hi Janrg1 that is fantastic I am not far behind your starting weight in my third week now but starting to feel hungry. Reading your experience and some other blogs about high carb meals have given me the confidence to carry on and not to start beating myself up, I will have to watch the carb intake. Once again well done xx

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

This is so great and inspiring, well done! And good luck with the ongoing process too.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Congrats that is awesome! Love the regular confirmation from people that this can be done, and it works!

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Thank you all so much. When I first heard about this diet I thought ‘oh yes another faddy diet and this ones aimed at the T2 diabetics’ I heard about it again a couple of times and thought nothing more about it. Then after filling up my memo pill box with 14 tablets a day I decided that I had to do something. The next day I heard about the successes with this diet and decided to download it to my kindle. I haven’t looked back since. If I have a regret it is that I didn’t download the book back at the start of the year when I first heard about it.
    Getting back my life (very apt sign on) keep going it is all worthwhile. If you are have grumbly tum try munching on 2 – 3 nuts, the fat content helps with hunger and they are good carb wise. Or try a hot cup of tea – jasmine tea is my favourite.

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Thanks Janrg1 I will do must have been having a bad day yesterday up and ready to start a new day funny enough I was having a small handful of walnuts each evening but stopped as I wasn’t counting them but I will go back to them will also try the jasmine tea haven’t tried that one yet brought some pear and honey tea from h&b hoping they are okay to have and taste wise. Have a good day everyone x

Please log in or register to post a reply.