Week 7 weight loss slowing down but not at target :(

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BSDgirl
    on

I’m about to start week 8 and I’ve lost 6.9kg, I’ve got 3.5kg to get to my first target and ideally another 3.2kg to get to my ultimate target. I am planning on continuing the 800 cals blood sugar diet until I’ve reached this (and then maintain) but I’m already seeing weight lost slow down. Any tips? I work out 4 times a week, keep my water up (around 2.5ml a day) and skip brekkie. I’d love to kickstart things again so I can get to a point I’m just maintaining. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi BSDGirl, excellent results, well done. It is normal for loss to slow, so don’t be overly concerned by that. However if you are keen to try an speed things a little, you could look at a couple of things, for instance are you tracking daily carb intake?
    You might be able to lower that a little to help push things along. The other thing you can try, is to mix things up a little with you eating pattern…. so okay, skip breakfast, but break your overnight fast at different times, so some days perhaps at noon a s others maybe 2pm.
    Once you go into maintenance, you’ll adjust your intake accordingly, so that things stay fairly static.

Hope that helps.

• posted by BSDgirl
    on

Hi SunnyB, thanks for your reply 🙂
    I have been tracking daily carb intake – roughly 26ish a day, I’m not sure what it ‘should’ be? Interesting idea about changing up the time I break the fast – will require some serious willpower to keep going until 2pm 😉 thank you for your tips!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi BSDgirl, I see from your loss for the 7 weeks and your goal of another 3.5kgs by the end of the 8 week period that you are doing great. However, another 3.5kgs just might not be doable. The 8 week period was set for diabetics to see a great improvement in their blood glucose numbers in that time and was not really to do with weight loss. In my first 8 weeks I lost around 5.8kgs it total but managed to do well with BG. The Fast800 recommends a 12 week plan and this might just be what you need to look at. One possible reason for a slower weight loss is your body simply doesnt have much more weight to lose (another 6.7 kgs) compared to some much heavier dieters. I chose not to judgement loss against what anyone else was doing but this is obviously a goal you have set yourself. You cant do much more in terms of cals, carbs and exercise and you are doing TRE so just be a bit gentler with yourself. All weightloss programmes tend to slow down after a while as your initial loss will have been around 3 or 4 pounds of fluid and then kicked into losing fat. Most people also get a plateau where they dont lose any weight for a few weeks so you have been very consistent.

Is there a reason you need to reach these dates – holiday, wedding etc or can you afford to relax just a little bit.

• posted by BSDgirl
    on

Hi sunshinegirl, thanks for your reply.
    I think you’re probably right that the last stint is going to be harder and actually I can afford to go a bit kinder to myself and enjoy where I am now. Whilst I’ve got a few weddings and holidays coming up which I can relax a bit more, I’m terrified of losing all my good progress and getting the dreaded carb/sugar cravings which I’ve managed to beat at the moment! Any tips on a better balance? I have been trying to choose better swaps so swapping milk chocolate for a couple of squares of dark choc so I don’t feel as restricted. I think I’m more worried about the maintenance than anything else!

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi BSDGirl. Firstly well done!!! What an amazing reward for effort in your first 7 weeks.

Are you eating any artificial sweeteners (not stevia) or processed foods? There things have been shown to contribute to weight resistance,
    Are you getting enough sleep?
    Could you try exercising before breaking your fast? I was into this for a while and had great results. Just wanting to get back into it.. it takes
    Motivation 😉

I’ve heard of people switching up their fasting with results Eg swapping skipping breakfast, one week skipping lunch, one week skipping dinner, Might be worth a try?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Dont worry about cravings, just dont go back to the carbs. Saying that I had a small piece of bread today but I dont crave carbs. What I will notice is I will be starving around 4pm as that is what carbs do to me. Increase hunger. Which is why it can lead some people to eat more because they believe it will fill them up and satisfy them. You just have to learn to say no – so do I 🙂

Maintenence is not easy as you are forced to start to eat more and by that you introduce more foods. I guess the answer is to eat more of the good stuff and not add in any damaging foods. I too have a square of very dark chocolate every evening after dinner and it adds 50 cals to my day so I have to be careful that one square doesnt turn into more. Just concentrate of getting to a goal before you worry about that. Take care.

Please log in or register to post a reply.