Week 6, day 1 – taking stock

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ShrinkMe81
    on

So here I am. The past 5 weeks have zoomed by painlessly, in retrospect. Those tough moments may have felt all-consuming at the time but in fact they’ve been fleeting, and now, a month in, I’m learning to be kind to myself, firm but forgiving, diplomatic and fair but compassionate too.

I’ve lost a kilo more than my 10% already, and my clothes fit better. I’m no longer living with painful wind, bloating and cravings. I’m tired, but in a more honest way that I used to be – rather than fatigue and malaise, I just need more sleep. I’ve got renewed energy for cooking, and I’m still thinking about food a lot but in a more distant, objective, experimental way. Before, food made me think about it on its terms.

I also feel empowered. I feel like I’ve been let it in the secret, taught to drive my own body instead of being a helpless passenger. I could look back with bitterness but I’m trying to look forward with gratitude and optimism. Now I can go places and do things without the weight holding me back, literally and figuratively.

Who could ever imagine a short 5 weeks could change so much?

• posted by Maccy
    on

What an inspiring post…well done on your new life!!!

I’ve just started week 4. Seeing changes already…still tough at times though.

Good luck for the future.

Please log in or register to post a reply.