week 5 of the blood sugar diet I am a non diabetic and my blood sugar is up !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MGF
    on

I have been on the blood sugar diet for nearly 5 weeks, I am on the diet with my husband, who is a diabetic, I needed to loose weight so had nothing to loose, we have both lost around 7 kgs and things are going well for my husband, but my fasting blood sugar in the mornings is around 6.1 – 6.5 which is wasn’t before I went on the diet, any ideas please.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to the forum MGF and well done to both you and your husband for making such a great start. Don’t panic about the raised blood sugar, this is common and will eventually drop again. Like you, I was not diabetic or pre-diabetic. However, I decided to get a monitor to see where I was and to track my levels, as part of the BSD exercise. My fasting level started out around the 5.2-5.4 mark, this raised to 6.1-6.3, but then dropped again and now runs at 4.8 to 5 most of the time, although to be fair, I only occasionally check these days, as I have no health reason to worry about BS levels.

If you use the search box at the top right of the page, you will find that many have identified this phenomenon, but be assured it will come right.

Keep doing what you are doing and you will both reap health benefits.

• posted by MGF
    on

Hi SunnyB,

Thank you for your welcome and your reply, I have read about the dawn phenomenon but was not sure this applied to a non diabetic, we will keep going, thank you for your encouragement.

Please log in or register to post a reply.