Week 4 but new to site

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bre123
    on

Hello everyone. I’m on week 4 of the diet and have so far lost 14 lb. I’m sticking to the 800 cals through sheer determination and some days are easy and some days are hard as I’m constantly hungry (I try to view this as a good thing!). I lost 7lb in the first week, then 2, then 4 and so far 1 this week. I seem to be a bit stuck as scales haven’t changed for 4 days but I’m hoping this is just my body re-adjusting. I may try to get weighed less as it is a bit disappointing when you are hungry all the time and the scales are staying the same.
    I’m eating oats every morning, a big salad with protein for lunch and protein and veg for dinner. The food is more or less what I was eating anyway, just a lot less of it and without the sweet treats 🙂 I try to vary my protein and include healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts and oily fish. I’m exercising everyday weekday (30 mins brisk up hill walking) and trying to be generally more active.
    I’m determined to complete 8 weeks to see what I can achieve but I am dreaming about cake!!

• posted by snackerlady
    on

Hi Bre123, So, you’ve lost a stone in a month that’s great 🙂 At this rate you’ll have lost 2 stone by the end of the 8 weeks, that seems to be the average weight loss people are reporting. I can imagine the week you lost 2lb you would have felt a little bit puzzled! From what i’m reading here and on Facebook your losses are following the normal pattern.
    I don’t know why you would be feeling hungry, that’s one thing i am not experiencing (to my astonishment) maybe others could shed light. Are you drinking enough?

I’m only on day 3 so i’m a BSD baby but i look forward to seeing what the coming days/weeks bring.

• posted by Bre123
    on

Thanks snackerlady for the post. I’m feeling reassured after reading all the other posts that my weight loss is typical. After the first couple of days on the diet I wasn’t hungry at all but this week I have felt hungry pretty much constantly. I try to drink more water than I already am to fill me up but it isn’t always easy when it is cold outside. I miss my unlimited cups of tea – I’m limiting myself to 4 per day because of the calories from the milk.
    I hope that you keep feeling not hungry and you have good weight loss, I’ll look forward to your future posts.

Please log in or register to post a reply.