week 3

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Well I’ve made it to the end of week 3 and this week I lost 3 1/2lbs. This gives me a total of 1stone 1/4lb for the 3 weeks I’ve been on the diet plus the 3 lbs I lost in the week prior to the diet while I was reading the book. At the beginning I felt quite ill much of the time but now I am feeling quite well and even finding that I’m feeling more energetic.
    Like most of the people who will be on this website I have dieted off and all of my life. This has been the easiest diet I have ever done. I thought that at 800 calories this was going to be so hard to do but it isn’t. If anyone is reading this and is thinking about giving it a go … go for it. You have nothing to lose but weight.
    As a diabetic I was concerned about having hypos as it was so low in calories and especially carbs. Many times, in the past if my meal was later than normal I would start to get shaky. 3 weeks in and not 1 hypo. In fact I am looking forward to having a hypo now as it will mean I might be able to come off of gliclazide. At present I am on a cocktail of 14 tablets for diabetes and blood pressure my ambition is to be able to stop taking all of them. But if that isn’t possible then I want to take fewer. Good luck to anyone starting and for those already on this journey keep the faith

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

Janrg1 you are doing so well!! I’ve just started my second week, i haven’t managed to stay around the 800 cal mark yet, more like1600, but its way less than I used to eat and much healthier. Last week I lost 2.5kgs (5.5lb roughly) which is fantastic and did so much exercise. I wish you well and keep up the great work. X

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Well done! Keep up the great work.
    One of the women at work joined me on the diet on Monday and another one is going on holiday next week and when she comes back she is going to join us too. They can both see the difference already.

Please log in or register to post a reply.