Week 2 – Gain?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by danoboo
    on

Hi all. I have just finished week 2 and this is about my fifth attempt of this WOE. It’s the farthest I’ve gotten. Without falling off the wagon.

After having a fantastic Week 1 where I lost 4.4kg down from a starting weight of 79.2kg. I got on the scales this morning (start week 3) and had put on 700g overnight (yesterday I was 74.5kg). I am weighing every day and had throughout week 2 lost a couple of hundred grams and then plateaued. So my cumulative weight loss is now 3.9kg but I am perplexed how I out on so much overnight when I am sticking with the programme and doing intermittent fasting for 16 hours a day? It’s definitely not hormonal…

I don’t have a huge amount to lose – 12kg all up. And I’m not disheartened just yet and won’t give up but really curious as to whether this has happened to others? I’ve seen posts about plateau in week 2 but not a gain like this…

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi danoboo, first of all you have lost a fantastic amount of weight so dont get disheartened. Second, 700g is a poo or a wee or a glass of water or cup of tea – poetry. Weighing daily is okay as long as you can take the rough with the smooth and see the overall results at the end of the weigh in week. Thirdly, this is might anwer your question – you dont have a lot of weight to lose and your body has just seen a bit shift and is probably trying to hang on to it. This is not a big problem and not a sign that your metabolism has slowed down, just the natural result of your body wanting to hang onto what it has got. I have just watched a video by Dr Becky about reasons we are not losing weight and 2 of them are trying to boost it by eating less or trying to boost it by exercising more. These dont work as your body is already under a lot of changes. The final thing that doesnt work is throwing in the towel – or giving up. Just give it a couple of days and you will start to move again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.