Week 1 lessons learned – goal of 50 lbs to lose

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Texas50
    on

End of week 1 – lost 6 lbs but feel like I have a better hang of it now and can lose steadily moving forward. During this we were even out of town for 2 days and had to rely on restaurants — for breakfast lunch and dinner and did well. I didn’t plan as well as I should have during week 1. Veggies were not as prominent in my portfolio of food as they should have been. I relied more on prepackaged items like single serving hummus and guacamole. I need to balance WAY more and bring in veggies and fiber to keep me more full. I have never been great in the kitchen so that has been a bit of a challenge trying to determine a way to make low carb veggies exciting. I would welcome ideas from others on how they plan for the week and cook up some nice veggies they can enjoy later in the week. Thanks everyone!

• posted by PallyAlly
    on

If you like hummus and guacamole you could use them as a dip for your veg. I don’t have my veggies prepared for the week (not that organised yet!) but it wouldn’t take long to slice up veg into sticks and keep in fridge – sliced peppers, celery, cucumber, carrot sticks. Sorry if this idea is a bit simple, I need to learn some vegetable recipes!

Please log in or register to post a reply.