Week 1 Down

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LeanneW
    on

Well! Week 1 down and lost 5kgs. I must say, not sleeping very well as I have a burning hole in my stomach. I’m hoping that this will sort itself out the longer I am on the programme. I love the food, and seeing quick results really is a motivator.

Cheers for now ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Lottiepen
    on

Hi LeannE wow that’s a brilliant start – inspiration for me as I start my journey today and am a bit nervous! (But determined!). Great to know you’re loving the food too.

• posted by LeanneW
    on

Hi Lottiepen
    I just keep thinking of the end result!

• posted by Spirit
    on

Hello LeanneE

for the not sleeping, try saving some of your calories for later evening and perhaps have a square of cheese or some yoghurt. the fats will keep you satiated longer and hopefully improve your sleep.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lottiepen and leanne, believe me it DOES get better quite quickly.

Remember to drink between 2-3 litres of water a day! Are you eating enough fat? It keeps your digestive system busy and helps you to feel fuller.

Hot drinks can soothe hunger pangs, try herbal teas or hot water with a slice of lime or lemon.

Leeanne, 5kg!!!! 5kg!!!! What a brilliant start!

And welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

I do what Spirit recommends, as I also had that burning hole that wouldn’t let me sleep. I don’t have breakfast any more, I find I can manage that. Then I have those calories mid evening. No more impossibly empty feeling at bedtime, no more sleep problems.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Wow, that’s an impressive start.

How about warm milk before going to bed? Even if it was extra calories, with the amount you’re losing, I don’t think that would hurt and you do need to sleep and not feel starving as if you’re going to stick to this.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Leeanne, Spirit has it right, a fatty snack pre bedtime will help take away those overnight hunger pangs which are, probably more carbohydrate cravings and will go soon.
    You are just entering the week 2 period where your body is realising that the simple carbs are not there any more and it’s going to have to work harder for a living.
    Get past this week and you should be feeling much better.
    5kgs lost in a week is awesome and should spur you on. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by spendloven
    on

I’ve always had a glass of warm milk before bed (old person stuff, I know) calms me and keeps me going till the morning. Something to digest

• posted by spendloven
    on

Well done on the weight loss!!

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Wow well done Leanne what a fantastic first week result! I second what the others say, I reserve some calories for an evening snack – I made some caraway seed pancakes with coconut flour and one of those is really filling with a hot drink, other snacks might be a few redskin peanuts with a little piece of very strong cheese like parmesan or gruyere.

Congrats again on a very successful first week.

• posted by LeanneW
    on

Hello everyone. Thanks for the lovely comments :). Week 2 ..thanks for the tips I will try them and see the result. I’m usually coming in just under 800 so I think there’s enough room for a small portion of cheese and nuts at night. I’ve always been a “Feaster” so is probably an adjustment to stomach size too lol.

L ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.