Week 1 day 3

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Proodles
    on

Hello everyone!
    Im enjoying reading everyone’s honest stories about the BSD diet.
    I have just started the diet and on my third day.
    I have been a type 2 diabetic for 11 years. I had always been able to control my BSL until I fell pregnant with our second child.
    This diet has to work for me. I want to achieve my goals desperately.
    I’m not a huge sweet tooth but I do crave savoury snacks. Like biscuits and cheese!
    For the past fortnight before I started this diet I gave up most carbohydrates and have already felt a huge difference in my general wellbeing. I don’t feel sick all of the time.
    Anyhow I thought I would post a bit about myself and the beginning of my journey so that not only do I feel more accountable but I can hopefully receive some solid advice.
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Welcome proodles,
    You will be so glad you started this new way of life. Expect great results fairly quickly. Your energy levels will increase and you’ve already discovered that your well being improves.
    Can’t wait to hear how the journey unfolds for you

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Proodles – nice to see you
    now we want to see less and less of you each week.
    Well done on the preparation, that should help with the carb withdrawal problems.
    Enjoy your journey, you’re not alone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome to the BSD clan Proodles
    The forum is an excellent support and has helped to carry me through when I’ve been struggling. It sounds like you are focussed on the task ahead, but I’m sure like many of us, you will find this new way of eating much easier than you might think. We will all be keen to hear your news and results, so be sure to keep posting and like I said, if you need support, this is the place to come.

Good luck on achieving you goals, we’re all rooting for you.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Hi Proodles from another newbie ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m in week 2 and can’t believe how good I’m feeling.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Proodles

Welcome to the family.

I’m looking forward to reading about your progress.

Lynne

• posted by Proodles
    on

Thank you Everyone for all your warm wishes.
    Today I had a blip and ate a tiny Easter Egg. I went on a 4km walk after that.
    I do have a question for those further on in this new lifestyle.
    How many Carbs do you average a day? I’m only asking because the last 4 days I’ve been averaging around 22g a day. Is this too much?
    ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Proodles
    Well done on defeating that blip with a nice long walk.
    Carbs kept anywhere between 50g and 20g is good, so you’re doing fine. Keep up the good work and you should be telling us of good results soon.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Proodles,
    Some people have chosen to go very low carb, around the 20g mark. There are nearly as many opinions about this as threads on the forums lol. Most aim for 50g a day or just under. This should give you a good variety of foods to choose from, and the chance to include full fat yoghurt and milk.
    I have found by aiming for 15g carb per meal, with an extra 5 in reserve, I can keep a consistent blood sugar level in the non diabetic range. My fasting levels came down quickly to low 5’s, then under 5. A blip in fasting levels happened at the end of week 3 and lasted nearly 3 weeks but is now back down again. See the rising fasting blood sugar thread if you want to learn more.
    Not a definitive answer, but hope it helps ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Proodles
    on

Thank you Sunny B!
    Once upon a time I would have scoffed the entire bag of Easter eggs. I managed to walk away today.
    I’m glad I’m keeping in the carb range then. Onwards and downwards in weight that is.

• posted by Proodles
    on

Thank you Cherrianne. Some great advice. I’m amazed at how filling the meals are. After the first few days I thought I would be starving. However, I have been the exact opposite. Im actually FEELING hungry when I’m supposed too. Not grazing on rubbish all day and then eating huge carb meals and feeling awful.
    I’m excited to see what my weeks results will be and hopefully my blip won’t be a huge downfall.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Proodles I’m a bit late with this, but welcome to the forums from me as well! As you have already found the low carb diet does make you feel a lot better quite quickly. Looking forward to posts about your journey ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.