Weak & feeble!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Quickfix
    on

Throughout my life I have occasionally suffered from that cold sweat, weak muscles starving feeling. I am 53 and on day 3 of the BSD. I was out walking today, I have two dogs that I walk a lot! And I had one of those weak and feeble happenings, dripping with cold sweat, shaky, weak muscles and stumbling a bit. Struggles on & back to the car. In the past I would have stuffed myself with choc & carbs. What should I reach for now on this eating plan?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Some protein and some fat is what you should reach for Quickfix. An omelette fried in butter with some cheese, mushrooms, etc. Some nuts. A slice of cooked meat and some avocado. Some full fat yoghurt with some berries and seeds.

• posted by TimeForChange
    on

Hi Quickfix – I felt that too walking the dogs up a hill I walk every day. It didn’t happen to me till the second week. It happened for a few days, gradually lessening. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

• posted by Patsy
    on

That sounds unpleasant, Quickfix. Have you mentionedit to your doctor?

• posted by Missest
    on

I’m feeling pretty weak too and a tad grumpy. Sometimes go slightly over calories but weighing 240lb and walking dog for hour every day I am still feeling hungry a week in although have lost 11lbs. Thrilled with weight loss of course but am wishing I could get to the not feeling hungry stage.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi quickfix, I don’t know if there is an aldi near you but if there is, by the tills you will find skinny packets of nuts and seeds (just 32p!!) for 153 calories and not many carbs. Could you always keep a packet in your pocket for a quick fix? Janet is right, give yourself a protein and fat hit. The little packets of nuts and seeds do the trick!

Day 3 is still very early, give it a couple of weeks and you should be feeling more energetic 🙂

• posted by Sabina
    on

hey friends,
    any idea of about how long the weak and feeble lasts? I am a massage therapist and work is physical, go to the gym 3x week as well. I hope I can cope on this plan. I tried Atkins years ago and found it too hard to work without the carbs! Any one have advise?
    Sabina

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi sabina, Michael mosley says the first 2 weeks are the hardest so hopefully you should find it easier soon 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.