Waffle disaster

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GammaT
    on

Just wondering if its me. Ive the 8 week diet book and this morning for breakfast cooked the no-carb waffles. Followed the recipe religiously but ended up having to scrape it out of my waffle maker. Just a pile of crumbs, albeit rather tasty crumbs. Anyone out there made these successfully and without the nightmare cleanup job I have ahead of….

• posted by Deelz
    on

Hi,

I’m new to the forum. This is the beginning of my 4th week and I’m craving all things naughty, so thought I ought to join a forum to give me more umph!

I came across your question whilst looking for a forum to join and as luck would have it, I made my second attempt at “no carb waffles” today. The first time it broke apart in the frying pan… the coconut flour seems to get thicker when you add liquid to it which creates a stodgy mixture. However, today, I added more milk to it than the recipe states, so that I could ladle the mixture into the pan. I would advise that you simply add more milk until its a “batter-type” consistency and then it should be a little better. I was so pleased with mine today that I wanted to drown them in maple syrup instead of strawberries, but I resisted the urge.

Hope that helps!

• posted by GammaT
    on

Thanks Deelz, Ill certainly give it a go. Although I dont normally use milk. I wonder how it would be with almond milk?

• posted by Deelz
    on

Hi Gamma T,

I used goats milk with mine… I don’t know how the coconut flour would react with almond milk… do let me know when you try it though.

• posted by Ozruth
    on

I find these really successful. Give it another go. I grease my waffle iron first and prefer butter for that. Other than that I follow instructions to the letter and they work out fine. Good luck! Really good with raspberry chia jam and yoghurt!
    Ruth

• posted by Ozruth
    on

I find these really successful and use large eggs. Give it another go. I grease my waffle iron first and prefer butter for that. Other than that I follow instructions to the letter and they work out fine. Good luck! Really good with raspberry chia jam and yoghurt!
    Ruth

Please log in or register to post a reply.