Vibration Platform

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pysjai
    on

Has anyone used a vibration platform? I am aware that some gyms now have them available. Does a 10-minute standing session count as “fast exercise”? I am 73, suffer from osteoarthritis in spine, hips and knees. According to the NHS website, it looks like using a vibration platform can be helpful for OA suffered in increasing muscle tone, increasing joint flexibility, and somewhat decreasing pain. I have had a platform for several years, but I have rarely used it for daily consecutive sessions, so didn’t notice any effect. Decided to make a commitment to using it regularly. Did a 10 minute session – just standing – on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, I could barely hobble around. On Thursday morning, I seemed to be back to normal, so did a 10-minute session on Thursday and today. A bit of stiffness in my hips, but otherwise OK. I would be very interested in hearing your experience and views.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I only used one once, while on a trial membership at a local gym, but I have no idea whether the benefits resemble HIIT. I would imagine it is a lot less impact and certainly likely to be more beneficial than doing no exercise.

• posted by 1942desperate
    on

Hi I was advised to use a vibration platform after a very debilitating hospital stay.
    I use it every morning and have found my balance and general ability to stand has greatly improved.
    I also have arthritis in both knees and need a double knee replacement which I am working towards so this is the only excercise I can handle at the moment.

• posted by pysjai
    on

Hi – Thanks so much for your reply. Hearing that someone else with OA is using a platform helps me to stick with it! I am planning to restart my biweekly (20minute, gentle!) swimming next week. Best of luck with your knee surgery.

• posted by Tamale
    on

Hi, a friend does deep water walking or gentle swimming with a noodle and this was more effective than a vibration platform. Its gentler on your body but it depends on what what you can handle.Good luck with the surgery!

Please log in or register to post a reply.