Using Kefir with full cream milk .

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chrisjaz
    on

I have Kefir home made every morning with 1 tbsp crushed linseeds and half a banana , I am wondering it this is ok to have on this diet.
    Can anyone clarify tis for me .
    Thanks

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Chrisjaz, kefir is great also linseed but banana might not be the best choice, they’re full of sugar. Could you substitute berries or pear or apple instead?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Chrisjaz – I make Kefir every day with organic full fat milk. I agree with Mariet that it would be better to substitute berries instead of banana. I used to use berries and make a smoothie but now prefer to drink it without – and surprisingly so does husband.

My favourite breakfast is to mix flax seeds and Inulin with Kefir then put fage yoghurt on top and sprinkle with flaked almonds.

The Labradors love Kefir also.

• posted by Chrisjaz
    on

Thanks Market and Krysia ,
    Can I ask how much you take and him much linseeds , we like it plain to but the linseeds are good for you so I am glad I can still have them.
    I am hoping to start this diet on Monday as just come back from hols so need to get sorted first , lots to take in .

• posted by Chrisjaz
    on

Hi ,

Just got the app My fitness pal and put in 1 cup of homemade kefir using full cream milk and 1 tablespoon of curshed linseed

Home Made – Whole Milk Kefir, 1 cup 104 cals , 1g of carbs , 8g fat , 8g protein , 98 g sodium .

What do you make of this ? does it look ok for the diet ?

just put it in again and got this , i think something is going wrong on the app
    1 cup cals 58 , carbs 1 , fat 8 , protein 10 no sodium ,
    i want this to be spot on so i can work around it , also is it ok to have 1 g of carbs or should you not have any ?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Chrisjaz
    The BSD isn’t zero carbs – a lot of people on this forum limit carbs to 50g a day – so the carbs in kefir are absolutely fine.

I usually have about 25g of flaxseeds a day – I love the Linwoods organic ground flaxseeds.

• posted by Chrisjaz
    on

Hi ,
    Thanks I thought it was zero carbs , got to check out my homemade Kombucha now , this will be good for when my husband has a glass of wine .

• posted by Esnecca
    on

If it were zero carbs, you wouldn’t be able to eat vegetables. It’s the white/refined carbs you need to eliminate — grains, cereals, wheat, rice, starchy root vegetables — and fruits that are very high in easily digested sugars like many tropical fruits.

Do you have any blood sugar issues you’re trying to address with the BSD? Diabetes, insulin resistance, etc?

• posted by Chrisjaz
    on

Hi
    No blood sugar issues , I take a blood pressure tab every morning and 1 for underactive thyoid, I have put on so much weight lately and need to get rid of it , I did do the 5:2 diet with some success but need this weight off me .
    I have bought the 2 books BSDB and the recipe book , I also have The clever guts diet book , and 5:2 book ,, i like Micheal as he is so honest and tries these diets out himself so inlike to support him to .
    I am starting thus diet on Monday and hopefully I will be able to do it correctly .

Please log in or register to post a reply.