Useful tips

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jillyB
    on

A couple of things that might interest. I don’t know if anyone has heard of this one ? For pasta lovers….if you cook your pasta as normal ….REAL pasta, not “funny” pasta……allow it to go cold , fridge if you like and when you are ready to use it, just reheat and serve with your usual sauces. Apparently the process of cooking, cooling it makes some sort of structural morphing which turns the pasta from naughty carbs to resistant starch which is much better, just don’t eat tons of it, just a moderate serve. I have tried it and it really works. I made a carbonara this week, noted my BS then did it again after the pasta….I only went up 1-2 thingies, so good for a change and certainly tastes like the real thing.
    My other find for those who enjoy dried biscuits/crackers [ don’t know what they are called in the UK, but the biscuits you put cheese on, not the ones you dunk in your tea/coffee ! They are Finn Crisp [ original ] and come from Finland. I figure if they can send them all the way from Finland to Oz, surely you might have them over there, only a hop, skip and jump to UK. 22 calories per slice, about 3 grams carbs. They are rye and very nice, I have been eating them for years.
    Hope this might help someone.
    jillyB

• posted by Timmy
    on

I also saw something about pasta last week that was interesting. In some factories, the process by which they make different pastas requires them to be put under extremely high pressure through different shape making thingies (technical term). It transpires that forcing the wheat through these thingies at high pressure can change the composition of it and as a result fettucini has a much lower glycemic load compared to say fussili. Who’d of thunk it?!

I can’t remember what make the pasta was, but I’m certainly going to bear it in mind when I’m at my target weight.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Timmy,
    I saw the same programme – think it was on Channel4???? One of those food/health programmes.
    Who’d have thunk indeed!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Yeah that’s it. Food Unwrapped with that woman with the hair who likes to dress in fancy dress

Please log in or register to post a reply.