Tyrefighting in Bucks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tyrefighter
    on

I have been running a free of charge weight loss group at our local health centre for 2.5 years and it has been very successful. I started it because three years ago I weighed 16 stones 7 pounds and I saw Doctor Michael’s lecture on BBC2 where he said that we should not be eating more at one meal than the amount which could be held in cupped hands. I thought that was a profound statement, used it as a guide and lost three stones. I was so pleased that I approached the doctors at the health centre to ask if I could start the Group. They allowed me to use their meeting room on the Saturday mornings when the centre was open anyway. I had been preaching that a loss a pound a week was a good thing to achieve and that sugar in all its forms is poison. Then I read Michael’s blood sugar book and realised (a) that one could safely lose a hell of a lot more than a pound a week, and (b) Cutting out easily digestible carbs is just as important as cutting out sugar.
    I decided to use myself as a guinea pig before telling my Tyrefighters about it and am totally astonished that I have lost ten pounds in ten Days. I have now completely revised my lecture and will be preaching BSD to my flock next Saturday.
    The system works!! Many thanks, Doctor Mosley.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Good for you, Tyrefighter. Interesting to know that there is a surgery where the doctors are open to new approaches. Leading by example is a great way to show others what they can achieve – best of luck!
    Whereabout in Bucks are you? I’m near High Wycombe.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Tyrefighting, how are you going? I realised my answer to you a while ago didn’t post but was so interested to hear about your time in Australia. Hope all is bing well at your end and you are still fighting the good fight!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Going! Not bing! Terrible typing skills.

• posted by Tyrefighter
    on

To Inka from Tyrefighter. Hi Inka! We are going very well, thank you. On our members’ individual record sheets I put the first weight reading of 2017 in red inka to act as a datum for the year. I told them –
    Write down your target weight and put it where you can see it.
    Write down your target date and put it where you can see it.
    Write down the number of weeks to your target date and put it where you can see it.
    Write down how many pounds per week (or month) and put it where you can see it.
    Use mental imaging for five minutes when you get to bed each night for about three weeks. Imagine that you have actually reached your target. Picture the clothes that you will be able to wear – they have been sitting in your loft for God knows how long. Imagine friends you haven’t seen for a year or two saying that they didn’t recognise you and how fantastic you look and how did you manage it? This will give your subconscious the job of making sure that you do achieve your target. Read the book “Psychocybernetics” by Doctor Maxwell Maltz. I bought my copy in 1960 in Oahu and I have lived by it every since. It is not a religion! You can still get it on Amazon at a reasonable price.
    You ask about my time in Australia. In fact the last time I went there was flying some freight to Maralinga while I was in the RAF. It was a four-engine piston aircraft and it took us over a week to get there – Malta, Tripoli, Khartoum, Aden, Karachi, Ceylon, Singapore (day off) Labuan (Borneo), Darwin, Adelaide, Maralinga. It took us 13 hours to get from Darwin to Adelaide!
    Hold fast to the faith!
    Tyrefighter

Please log in or register to post a reply.