Type 2 D eye issues

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TraceyH
    on

Hi. My husband and I started yesterday with the 800calorie diet. He is a T2 diabetic and we did chat to his doctor before starting. He is having issues with his eyes already. Please confirm that this is normal as the body gets accustomed to the low calories and also if there is anything we can do. Thanks

• posted by TraceyH
    on

Thanks for the link Janet1973. I don’t think it has anything to do with the long term effects of diabetes because he was fine on Sunday. Every time we try and do a low carb diet he battles with blurred vision. I am hoping it is temporary as he adjusts and just wondered if anyone else had the same thing. His eyesight has always been fine. Thanks

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Tracey

There do seem to be various symptoms from reducing carbs for some people – often called ‘carb flu’ as your body gets used to getting its energy from somewhere else (not from the quick release carbs).

He should stick with it as the symptoms do fade, but obviously if things get significantly worse with his eyes, consult your GP.

Please log in or register to post a reply.