Turmeric Latte

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

I made this turmeric latte tonight. It was easy to whip up and quite tasty. Half a teaspoon of honey in the cup as per recipe. That’s a bit naughty. I hope that it will help me sleep. I haven’t been sleeping at all well on the bsd, not unusual to be awake at 2,3,4 in the morning and some nights I am awake all night. Hoping the milk and coconut oil will help. It’s calorie dense but I allowed for it in today’s quota. Hope you are all going well and reaching those goals.
    Bigeater

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well on the BSD. Have you been doing it for long? I found that after the first couple of weeks, I sleep better than I have in ages.

There are lots of recipes for Turmeric drinks and you can reduce the cals and carbs, by sweetening with half tsp of maple syrup and using unsweetened almond milk instead of cows milk.

Hope you will be sleeping better soon.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi SunnyB,

Thanks for your response. I have been on the bsd for just over 5 weeks. I did sleep better last night despite getting up to the loo three times. I will do an experiment with the turmeric latte and have one every night for a while, see if it is helping or if it was just coincidence. Thanks for the tip on almond milk, I will give it a try too.

The trouble with lack of sleep is that it causes weight gain and tiredness ie difficult to exercise. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Cheers bigeater

Please log in or register to post a reply.