Tomorrow's the first day of a healthier me!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

I’ve read and ‘digested’ the book and I’m ready to start tomorrow. First day planned – 150g Skyr yogurt with 50g blueberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon, 2 egg omelette containing peppers, tomatoes, red onion & mushrooms with a green salad then chicken and home made ratatouille for tea. I also plan to have half a grapefruit, 25g cheese and some kale ‘chips’ just for when I get peckish. Works out at about 800 cals. I’ll make sure I drink plenty of water and will switch to black tea. Does this sound okay? Got my exercise planned as well but starting slowly πŸ™‚

• posted by JCH187
    on

How was your first day?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Sounds great, don’t forget to keep up the fats and oils to replace the carbs as you go along. You should be fine, it takes a while to make it second nature but most of us manage to deal with it and succeed. Good luck.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

And with the exercise – start with doing a couple of walks, don’t have to be long ones – ease yourself in, and you will find that you’re increasing your steps without noticing it much!

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Well gone really well so far, was surprised I wasn’t hungry – had a little glitch yesterday and ate a piece of cake but even then by daily calorie count was under 1200. Forgave myself and got back on it πŸ™‚

I had avocado, grapefruit and cheddar salad the other day – like in the book but normal salad leaves instead of fennel. I now love grapefruit in salad!! I am also using extra virgin olive oil in my cooking/salad dressings and also eating full fat mature cheddar. Using lots of spices in my food too – ginger and cinnamon at least in my yogurt in the morning – which makes food interesting.

Really enjoying it and feel like I’ve lost weight. My Hba1c is in the pre-diabetic range so measured my blood sugar on Tuesday morning (after not eating for 8 hours) and it was 9.1. Going to weigh myself and re test my blood sugar on Tuesday next week to see what it’s like.

Exercise hasn’t really got started though I have bought an exercise bike off eBay for Β£2 lol.

Thanks everyone for commenting πŸ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi TiggerB
    Β£2 – someone really wanted the space back in their bedroom! – enjoy. I went to the gym this morning for the first time in ages & used the stationary bikes there – and the rower.

I love fruit in savoury food – rhubarb with fish is a favourite.
    Partly inspired by realising that full fat cottage cheese is tons better than skinny versions, I was remembering an upmarket (well I thought it was at the time, I’d have been about 13 or 14, and visits to my sister in London were very glamorous and exciting!) that my sister used to take me to in the early 1970’s called Strikes – I loved a dish with an open burger with cottage cheese and a peach on the top.
    Sounds weird, but I’m planning to recreate it!

I’ve been adding cinnamon to yoghurt too – I had some apple and yoghurt with lots of cinnamon for desert the other day – really tasty.

• posted by GillyD
    on

I remember Strikes too! It was a really special treat to go… I loved the relish pots!! Ha memories…..

• posted by GillyD
    on

TiggerB good luck… I’m almost at the end of 8 weeks and have really enjoyed every week.. Lots of change which I am so pleased with and feel so much better too!

• posted by Frog
    on

I’d forgotten the relish pots Gilly – but yes, I loved those too
    Maybe not recreate that bit!

• posted by GillyD
    on

Frog you’re right Oh my goodness no! I just recall thinking that those relishes must be the height of sophistication πŸ˜‚ I’m not sure I would even want relish on anything now!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi GillyD
    I finally got around to recreating the Strikes burger with cottage cheese and a peach (well, peach slices, that was all I could find in Sainsbury’s)
    It’s actually quite a good combination – I’m not using relish or sauces because of calories and carbs, so the peach is a relatively BSD friendly way or recreating the sweetness and texture of a relish – worth repeating (and there’s five more mini hamburgers sitting in the freezer!)

I had it with french beans, tomatoes and spinach instead of the fries and coleslaw!

• posted by GillyD
    on

Hello Frog! Sounds fab! I’m not even sure that I would have relishes anymore as I find things like that so sweet now…. It’s great when you can recreate old faves in the BSD style isn’t it?!

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Well, did okay for a while then fell off the wagon as no money for most of the month so survived on bread and pasta as I had loads in for my daughter πŸ™

My daughter is on holiday with her Dad for 2 weeks so I’m going to try again but this time, I’m going to plan meals better and batch cook for the freezer as I’ve been paid so I don’t struggle later. Still need to cope with breakfast and lunch at work (microwave and toaster) but I’ll get there. Just r-read the book and looked at the menu plans – ticked the meals I liked the sound of so going to try for 800 calories a day for the next 2 weeks – starting Monday as tomorrow is shopping and cooking. I might start myself a new thread and fill it in every night with what I’ve eaten to help me stay focused.

PS The exercise bike has become somewhere to hang clothes so that gets sorted tomorrow as well! lol

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

TIGGERB youve got yrself up and dusted yrself down and ready to rock n roll again!
    Good luck!
    Ps yes i have to admit too that my exercise bike at this moment has clothes and a bedspread on it…😳..X

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Thanks Yowzer.

Just spent the last hour or so planning my meals and comparing prices at Morrisons and Asda! Got 2 shopping lists and a menu plan for the week so I’m pleased πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You sound dead organised TIGGERB which is half the battle! 🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷

Please log in or register to post a reply.