Tired all of the time

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by OscarBelle
    on

I’m on week 2, day 3 of the 800 plan. I am using the recipies in the book, am past the “hungry stage” and I’m losing weight which is great however I feel exhausted all of the time. I’m not diabetic but have a sibling with type 2 and have a lot of weigh to lose. Is anyone else feeling like this? Suggestions?

• posted by Bre123
    on

I’m ok during the day but once it gets to 9 pm I’m exhausted. It feels like I’ve used up all of my energy allowance for that day so I’m assuming it’s just down to the reduced calorie intake.
    All I can suggest is drinking more water (that really does help), make sure you are eating the 800 cals and try to do some exercise as I feel more energised once I have and more tired if I don’t do my daily workout.
    Hope that helps.
    Bre123

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Oscarbelle
    Have a look at Jenny Ruhls book ‘low carb problems solved’ (£3 on kindle)
    She goes through all the different problems including tiredness
    Penny

• posted by OscarBelle
    on

Thanks Bre123 and Penny,
    To be honest I think the exhuastion may be due to my hectic life (work full time, 2 kids, husband works away etc.) and lack of hours in the day to sleep! I have gained weight steadily since becoming a mother I think due to the fact that I eat, not because I am hungry but to give me a boost through the tiredness to enable me to get things done! I think I need to focus on getting enough sleep – I drink pints of water throughout the day and as active as I can be (always go for a walk at lunch time etc.).

I felt particularity tired after eating the bircher museli (recipie in the book) yesterday morning. I wonder if it was due to the raisins and apple juice? Have had the same this morning but swapped the raisins/apple juice for more yogurt and feel _much_ better.

OscarBelle

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hi OscarBelle,
    I have the same thing. At the beginning of the week I was absolutely shattered! I seem to be coming through it now though, I added a small big of fruit into my diet yesterday and I think that helped a lot xx

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Oscarbelle
    Yes you sound like you’ve got too much to do. It’s so tempting for some of us to eat when we need to rest. I’m trying to switch it to a small coffee just to get me through.
    I think you’re right about the raisins and apple juice. I’m surprised they’re in there. More yogurt is a much better idea, maybe more seeds as well.
    Good luck
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.