Thyroid

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Katherine
    on

I know the BSD is all about battling diabetes, however I also have the added complication of an under active thyroid. My doctor recently took me off my medication after discovering nodules, that , thank goodness, tested to be benign. So am am 3 weeks into the BSD and have lost 2kg and 3cm off my waist. My BMI has come down one point and my resting pulse down by 6 beats a min. I started doing the BSD to move long term belly fat and get some control over my weight and get a more stable eating plan for life. I feel that if I have stable blood sugar levels that it has to help with my metabolism functions.
    Does anyone else find it a slow process due to thyroid issues? Any other thoughts?

• posted by matty258
    on

Yes I have been on thyroid meds for 6yrs, I had gain 10kg by the time they diagnosed it and now I added 12kg in past 6yrs so a grand total of 22kg to loose. I have been on the diet strictly for the 8wks and lost 6kg and it has seemed so much slower then I thought I would (hoped to loose 10-12kg in those 8wks), but my measurements decreased more rapidly, I have dropped 2 sizes pleased to say I have now lost 10kg, and my activity increase has helped the thyroid I feel. Don’t get disheartened stick with it and Keep moving . Goodluck

• posted by Katherine
    on

Thanks Matty – good to know that it is possible to continue losing weight, but as we both know slower than anticipated. I was so excited when I read the book, reading the stories of people losing 3-4 kg in one week! I have another 4kg to move off so will chip away week by week. Already seeing the benefits of just 2kg in my clothing.
    Well done to you and your 10kg so far !

Please log in or register to post a reply.