Three weeks after diagnosis of pre-diabetes :

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ian59
    on

Well, after seeing the dietician, everything became a lot clearer. I suffered several mini strokes, the worst being in October 2014. I thought I was eating well and keeping active so plodded on. 2 years later I’m told I’m pre-diabetic and have to see the dietician. After listing my food consumption, turns out I’m eating healthy food…. But, way too much and especially carbs. So I think to myself, I’ll have a go at this now I understand what’s going on. Stick to between 50 and 100 grammes of carbs a day with 2 days of 800 calories a week. Also get on my bike, got a bad knee so walking distances is a no, start doing 20 miles 5 days a week and the exercises Michael recommends in his book… I’ve lost a stone in 3 weeks! completely shocked and stunned by this, never been able to lose more than a couple of pounds. I also feel so much better. Have been strict with myself for the first time and cravings now mostly gone. I would totally recommend this low carb lifestyle, and wish everyone good luck if they’re thinking of trying it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.